- Myriad II – Evacuation Module
Myriad II – Evacuation Module
Why Use Myriad Evacuation?
- The purpose of the evacuation model is to gain an understand of the spatial and temporal aspects of a building evacuation. This is how the people move through the space through time.
- It gives us information in order to judge the building’s capacity for safe evacuation.
- We can measure evacuation times to compare these to existing guidelines.
- We can visualise how an evacuation may work by viewing agents (people) moving through the building.
Model Set Up
- Myriad integrates between modelling techniques.
- The output from a Spatial Analysis map is used as an input for directing agents to the exit points.
- We scale the agents and then position them through the model.
Run the Model
- We see here the agent simulation as time runs.
- This animation is running at 180 x real-time.
- We can see how long the building takes to evacuate in the model.
Building Evacuation Prototype
- We are currently working to provide a 3D view of an evacuation.
- This will show multiple levels at the same time and have the ability to model stairs and slopes.